Carson Valley Turkey Trot
Please join us for our annual fun run supporting DAWG and Carson Valley Community Food Closet. We've changed things up this year by offering the event as a virtual race.
When is Carson Valley Turkey Trot?
As a virtual run for this year, Carson Valley Turkey Trot will take place from Thursday, November 12th – Thanksgiving Day, November 26th. You have two weeks to complete your race.
What is a virtual race?
A virtual race is a race that can be completed anytime and anywhere. Carson Valley Turkey Trot has a race completion time of two weeks (Thursday, November 12th – Thanksgiving Day, November 26th). With a virtual race you can avoid parking problems, crowds, using a sani-hut, bad weather, etc. Running a race on your own time and your own terms gives you the most flexibility. Anyone of any age can participate.
How much does the event cost to enter?
Registration is $25 per person. Registration begins August 1, 2020 to November 26, 2020.
Register online for the Carson Valley Turkey Trot at www.thefoodcloset.org.
- Swag bag
- Commemorative event t-shirt
- Race bib
- Turkey Trot flare
How to participate:
One of the best things about running a virtual race is the flexibility it gives you to do it your way. Don't want to run? Walk. Don't want to stay in your neighborhood? Get out to a local hiking trail. Family doesn't want to go with you? Call up a friend! With so many choices, here are some suggested routes and tips for making this virtual event a memorable one!
- Head over to Minden Park and find the Turkey Trot Start and Selfie spot. Grab a picture of you and/or your running group to mark the start of your race. Don’t forget to post using #CVTT2020. You can use the original race route pictured here or get creative and make your own.
- Run a route you’ve never tried
- Hike a path you love
- Do multiple loops around your neighborhood square
- Try the Out and Back routine, head out half of your 5k and back the rest
- Use a treadmill from the comfort of your own home
Need more information? Check out the FAQs at www.thefoodcloset.org